Saturday, February 1, 2014

Art and Vampire Theories...


Art:

I colorized Nik Houser's illustration for Riot Kitty's e-book The Adventures of Black Jack Pepper! I also did her official website, although I think it may need some changes to it, to keep it flowin'. You should go read it right now! And it's almost our friend-aversary! Long ass time since I first met her!

http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Black-Jack-Pepper-ebook/dp/B00CCWXDSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367786090&sr=8-1&keywords=Nik+Houser

Vampires:

So I was talking with a coworker the other day about one of her favorite book series (Vampire Academy I believe was the name) into a tween movie series with beautiful girls and vampires. I have no interest in seeing it, but she's very excited. That got me talking about my pop culture vampires! I have this theory, see (similar to one I saw about punk rock--that Ramones started it, Sex Pistols perfected it and The Clash took it even further--or something similar to that....)

For me, vampires started with The Lost Boys (1987) and Blade (1998).



It was then perfected by Buffy and the other Blade movies...








And it was later improved on by Kate Beckinsale (mmmm...Kate Beckinsale) and the Underworld movies.



And a bonus CHEW info-graphic! HERE

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again!!

    I never saw Lost Boys, will have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete