Thursday, August 2, 2012

What I'm Thinking Thursday: The Deluxe Edition


So I had so much shit on my mind and to say, that I smooshed it all together and came up with this.

1. Batman/Dark Knight Rises Review So, it's been 8 years (movie time) since Batman killed District Attorney Harvey Dent. Batman disappeared, there were laws made, and Gotham PD won the war on crime. At least that's what they want you to think. Batman, Bruce Wayne, went from badass crimefighter/playboy to virtual recluse. He took longer to train to become Batman than he has been retired. The story line is taken from several Batman comics from the past 15-20 years. They introduce Catwoman, played by Anne Hathaway--who used her high heels and leather-clad legs to full advantage. There's Bane--the be-masked behemeoth who's smarter than he looks. Only problem I had with Bane is his voice. At times it was creepy, and at times you can tell they redubbed his voice, at times he sounds like a creepy old man. There was the awesome flying Batmobile dubbed the Bat. Michael Caine acts his ass off, but wasn't in the movie very much and was extremely out of character. Joseph Gordon Levitt plays a cop in the flick, but I don't remember his name. While it was his movie, it almost seemed out of character of the actor to be in a Batman movie. At times, it was a little boring but you wanted to see what would happen.

The last 45 minutes for me, made it all worth while. It wasn't Avengers good, certainly not one of the best movies of the year, but it was entertaining. There was several surprise twists at the end, and it seemed that EVERYBODY knew Bruce Wayne was Batman.

Also, speaking of Batman movies: these guys made their own stop motion movie with Batman figures, they're awesome and I can't stop watching it! Can't wait for a full movie.




2. Also in Batman news: Out of respect for RK, I won't post this Youtube video, but it's kinda freaky. Tom Waits, 30 years before Heath Ledger's Joker, was basically Heath Ledger's Joker. The voice, vocal ticks, everything screams Joker. If you didn't know better, you'd say that Tom Waits is doing an imitation of Heath Ledger's Joker. He must have watched this video at one point in his life and based EVERYTHING off of it. Here.

3. Thomas Jane, star of the Punisher movie a few years back, made a Punisher fan film without Marvel's permission. I really enjoyed his version of Frank Castle, it was a good flick, and I wished they got him again when they made that second Punisher movie War Zone. The short is called "Dirty Laundry" and has Ron "Hellboy" Perlman in it too. Watch it here. Shit is freakin' brutal but it's nice to see Frank back.... Oh, and one of my favorite quotes from the comments section: "Remember kids, Always keep a bottle of Jack nearby, you just never know when you're gonna need it."

4. So I was watching late night TV/BBC America and this guy was talking about seeing the Ant Man footage at Comic Con. It actually sounds cool. They call it "Size-Fu" and it's Ant Man getting bigger and smaller during different times to take out his opponents, and I'm waiting for my illegal Comic Con footage of the Marvel trailers.

5. Also at Comic Con, Gentle Giant studios, who makes really cool geek statues, announced their own line of "babes with guns" statues, presumably based on their Sucker Punch statues. Each of the babes are awesome, based on old movies like Predator, Bullitt, James Bond, etc. Here's a link. The funny thing is, I would never buy these because I would probably be too embarassed. Also, I wouldn't want it in my house for very long. Also, I'm not rich. Because I think too much, I came up with my own line of similar statues:


A. Hoverboard Babe, based on the Hoverboards from Back to the Future II, and the "skater punks" that go along with it. She'll have a tricked out board, with futuristic stickers on the front, all scratched up, and the typical hoverboard bottom. It's been used and abused. With the sneakers and jacket. Think 1980's version of the future.

B. Ghostbuster. From the movies of the same name. Full Ghostbuster jumpsuit, with Proton Pack, scientific instruments and a beatup ghost trap. I've seen plenty of Ghostbuster babes online, but this should be taken a little more seriously. You can have a full suit on and still make it look sexy.


C. Vampire Slayer. With stakes, the Slayer Scythe from the Buffy show and comic. Maybe you can go full Joss: with Jayne hat, Captain America shield and a torn Captain Hammer T-shirt. And maybe a leather jacket with Angel's tattoo drawn on the back, fading.

D. Colonial Marine chick. Complete with an M41A Pulse Rifle, but with a look that says she's been on her own for a while on some distant alien world, and kinda suped-up her armor and outfit. A Weyland-Utani leather jacket, perhaps a Predator weapon stuck in a backpack or belt or something. And, of course, an Alien head as a shield (like in the first AVP).



E. Some girl in Star Wars type armor, whether it's Mandalorian armor with trophies, or a Stormtrooper. Have to show the Star Wars love.  The image above is from an artist who made his own giant life-sized Stormtrooper statue called "The Big Bad Wolf."
F. The Running Man. Remember the '80's Arnold movie? Futuristic gladiators go up against criminals in yellow jumpsuits. Maybe a double pack--one "victim" and one gladiator. Or, if you're looking for something more modern, how about a Tribute from one of the districts in The Hunger Games? I got plenty more in mind, maybe I'll post more later...

6. A few weeks before Avengers came out, Marvel comics came out with a prequel comic called "Fury's Big Week." Unfortunately, I didn't know about it until last week and picked up the TPB. It all takes place in-between the movies and their scenes. It seems that Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man 2 all took place within one week. I'll have a review for this soon, I'm much too tired to write it up now...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't want you to censor your posts for me! But thanks...Babes with guns? Is that for people with small dicks who also don't get any? ;)

    ReplyDelete