Thursday, August 11, 2011

100 Movie Meme

100 Movie Things (not really in order except the last few). I got the idea from http://samuraifrog.blogspot.com/2011/05/100-movie-things.html. Here are the first 50, which pretty much wore me out.


100. The 2 Magnetos: Ian McKellan in the first 3 X-Men movies and then Michael Fassbender in the new First Class. Both were brilliant actors, played the roles to perfection--old Magneto and young Eric.

99. Saw Animal House my first night of College. Every single guy on the floor came into our room (a converted break room/quad) and watched the ultimate party movie.

98. I love the movie Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.

97. Jurassic Park was the first movie I saw when I graduated high school. I think I read the book for an assignment in biology class.

96. Never saw the movie, not a big fan of Judd Atapow or Seth Rogen, but I love saying this: I am McLovin.

95. Becoming inspired by Bill Pullman's speech from Independence Day. Made you want to kill some aliens.

94. Braveheart on a constant loop in my old apartment. Everytime I'd come home, my roommates would be watching it. And we could do every line, complete with Scottish accents.

93. Wanted to become a Colonial Marine after seeing Aliens.

92. Seeing Wolverine for the first time on screen in the original X-Men. My best friend growing up and I were huge X-Men fans, read the comics, and thought about who would best play Wolverine.

91. Wishing we snuck in and saw Robocop 2 instead of Dick Tracy.

90. The opening credits of Watchmen and The Incredible Hulk movies.

89. Terminator 2.

88. Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight. Knowing he passed away made it seem more real.

87. My friend constantly saying something about Royales with Cheese or having a sip of my soda weeks before we saw Pulp Fiction--he had seen it before we did.

86. And I know I'm stealing this from Samurai Frog's blog, but: "Lo there do I see my father. Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever." -- The 13th Warrior.

85. Everytime I see an actor from Lost in a movie, I refer to them as their character from Lost.

84. Wanting to open doors or choke my mom with the Force after seeing Return of The Jedi with her and my cousin.

83. Billy the Kid from Young Guns 1 and 2.

82. The sheer presence of Mr.T from Rocky 3.

81. Yelling in victory with my friends when the guy in Misery told Kathy Bates she was a "sick demented fuck!"

80. The soundtrack from Judgement Night being more popular with me and my friends than the actual movie itself.

79. Speaking of soundtracks, being utterly disappointed at Pump Up the Volume for not including the great songs actually in the movie--they either weren't on there or were cover songs.

78. Watching Starship Troopers with my parents and being utterly embarassed at the shower scene. My dad made me turn it off. God, that movie sucked.

77. Watching Titanic with my friend Stacey, and having her cry before it began because she "already knows how it ends," she saw it like 5 times before dragging me along.

76. Con Air, Air Force One and US Marshalls will always have a place in my heart because I saw them during my time in Washington, DC.

75. My perfect imitation of Sean Connery in The Rock ("Your best? Losers always whine about their best...").

74. Renting The Fog, The Bog and something else that rhymes with that at a NH Blockbuster with my friends and watching the employee having "that" look on his face. I still have that NH Blockbuster card, 10+ years later.

73. Watching The Jackal my first night meeting RK and laughing at the non-DC Metro stations the movie made.

72. The utter shittiness of Highlander sequels after the classic first one and a great first few seasons of the TV show.

71. I cannot fucking wait for Joss Whedon's Avengers.

70. Watching Apocalypse Now in English class and needing my Mom to sign a permission slip.

69. watching Chicago to impress a girl.

68. Watching The Blair Witch Project, actually having scared the shit out of me, and it was in a theater with woods surrounding it.

67. I remember as a kid, watching a movie with a dude with leather overalls in it. Evidently, it stayed with me.

66. Robert Downey Jr. in Iron Man. After that type of background and ego, he was perfect.

65. Soundtracks to Empire Strikes Back, Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park having such a profound impact on me.

64. A dubbed Mexican in a USA Network censored presentation of Desperado saying "Holy Frijoles!"

63. I still count Uncle Buck as one of the funniest movies ever.

62. Midnight releases of all 3 Lord of the Rings movies with my cousin.

61. Two kids lighting up a joint during the third Matrix movie. In a theater. With ushers.

60. Brad Pitt in Snatch.

59. Being one of the only people I know who liked Daredevil, but not the only one who hated Elektra.

58. Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny soundtrack.

57. Empire Records being on constant play on HBO during one summer. "Damn the Man, Save the Empire!!"

56. Putting Revenge of the Sith up there with the original trilogy.

55. Kevin Smith movies. Seeing him live was a highlight.

54. "Son of Jor-El, kneel before Zod!" --Superman II.

53. The Star Trek movie with the Borg Queen and Data.

52. Seeing my first Jackie Chan movie, Rumble in the Bronx and being amazed by the stuntwork.

51. The only movie that I can actively recall wanting to cry: the firefighter's funeral scene in Backdraft.

50. Shawshank Redemption. 'Nuff said.


More to come?

1 comment:

  1. I hated the Jackal! Remember how Justin pushed us into it? Yech.

    ReplyDelete