Friday, June 25, 2010

Sum Sum Summertime

Well, it's Summertime again. How do I know this? Because the Fireworks tent down the street from where I work has gone up again. One day, I want to shoot a flare gun into that tent when nobody's around. Y'know, so nobody gets burned.

Anyhoo.....

Visited the NYC last week to visit my friend Riot Kitty. A great time was had by all. Went to Jim Hanley's Universe, an awesome comic book shop near the Empire State Building. I know it was near the Empire State Building because every tour group in hell wanted us to jump on their bus and join the tour. After a while, we just said we lived in NYC and they shut up. Good times. Saw Strawberry Fields with John Lennon's Imagine thingee and somebody put a piece of fruit in the middle of it. Huh.

Saw the new movie The A-Team last week. It looked good in all the trailers, and didn't scare me off like those suits in GI Joe or ebonic-speaking Transformers. I grew up in the '80's and worshipped Mr. T. This movie didn't disappoint. It was a fun movie, not meant to be taken too seriously. In it, the A-Team are Army Rangers performing missions in Iraq for the past 8 years. They are framed for a massive money counterfeiting scheme/robbery by a bunch of private military mercenaries and a CIA operative. They're portrayed as serious soldiers who like to party hard and look after each other. Like I said, a really fun movie.



Found this online. It's from one of my favorite movies of all time, Fanboys. It's the comic book Eric Botler creates when they get back from the epic journey to steal Star Wars Episode I from the Lucasfilm Ranch.




Oh, and I was inspired to create this little image by watching some episodes of Firefly. I've only played Guitar Hero a few times, but I'm addicted each time. Blue Sun was a company on the show.

2 comments:

  1. We loved seeing you, too! Blake said he liked you "because he could relate" to you. I assume that means comic books...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahah the first paragraph.. made my day :)

    ReplyDelete